Competition: Great North Road SF novel by Peter F Hamilton, 2 paperback copies to give away.
Winners: Sam Hutchinson and Joanne Purnell
I’ve passed on the winners’ addresses to Pan Macmillan so they can mail out the prizes. CONGRATULATIONS!
Released on 1 October 2012, 2 copies to give away!
About Great North Road:
In Newcastle-upon-Tyne, AD 2142, Detective Sidney Hurst attends a brutal murder scene. The victim is one of the wealthy North family clones – but none have been reported missing. And the crime’s most disturbing aspect is how the victim was killed. Twenty years ago, a North clone billionaire and his household were horrifically murdered in exactly the same manner, on the tropical planet of St Libra. But if the murderer is still at large, was Angela Tramelo wrongly convicted? Tough and confident, she never waivered under interrogation – claiming she alone survived an alien attack. But there is no animal life on St Libra.
Investigating this alien threat becomes the Human Defence Agency’s toppriority. The bio-fuel flowing from St Libra is the lifeblood of Earth’s economy and must be secured. So a vast expedition is mounted via the Newcastle gateway, and teams of engineers, support personnel and xenobiologists are dispatched to the planet. Along with their technical advisor, grudgingly released from prison, Angela Tramelo.
But the expedition is cut off, deep within St Libra’s rainforests. Then the murders begin. Someone or something is picking off the team one by one. Angela insists it’s the alien, but her new colleagues aren’t so sure. Maybe she did see an alien, or maybe she has other reasons for being on St Libra…
About the author
Peter F. Hamilton was born in Rutland in 1960, and still lives near Rutland Water. His previous novels include the Greg Mandel series and the bestselling and groundbreaking Night’s Dawn Trilogy. His most recent novels are Pandora’s Star (2004) and Judas Unchained (2005) – which constitute the Commonwealth Saga – and The Dreaming Void (2007), and The Temporal Void (2008) the first two novels in the Void trilogy, of which The Evolutionary Void is the concluding volume.
Terms and Conditions of this competition:
Dark Matter and Pan Macmillan are giving away two copies of Great North Road by Peter F. Hamilton. To enter, email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Great North Road’ in the subject heading. The competition closes on 10 October 2012.
1) To enter, email email@example.com with ‘Great North Road’ in the subject heading
2) Entrants must reside in Australia with an Australian delivery address.
3) All entries must be received by 5pm AEST (Melbourne time) 10 October 2012.
4) No late entries accepted.
5) Winner will be selected via a random number generator.
6) Winner will need to provide a snail mail address for delivery of the book within 7 days of being informed of winning; failure to do so will result in forfeiture of prize and a new winner will be drawn.
7) Email address and snail mail address will only be used for the purpose of this competition.
8) Pan Macmillan will mail out prizes, so the winners’ names and addresses will be provided to Pan Macmillan for this purpose.
9) The name of the winner will be published without address or email; these details will be held conﬁdential.
10) DMF is running this competition in good faith; no responsibility is taken for mishap or misadventure, but due care is taken.
11) All decisions are ﬁnal, no correspondence will be entered into.